It is a small electric oven that has a front door, a removable baking pan and a wire rack used to support slices of bread. Bread slices are placed in a horizontal manner on the wire rack before switching on the oven. Once is done toasting, it turns off but most often the door has to be opened manually. These toasters are slightly larger than ordinary toasters and are also capable of performing a fair share of electric oven’s functions though on a smaller scale. One issue facing toaster ovens is that they produce drier toast because their heating elements are placed further away from the toast to facilitate cooking of larger items. They also tend to take longer (4-6 minutes) as compared to ordinary pop-up toasters that take 2-3 minutes to make a toast.
1. Bake pizza. It is conventionally known that most people love pizza and with this oven, you don’t need to rush to the nearest mall to get one as you can bake a twelve-inch pizza at the comfort of your home.
2. Prepare and make quick biscuits. A toaster oven is surprisingly one of the best ways to make biscuits. It produces perfect golden pieces of biscuits that are not dry or hard.
3. Roast delicious nuts. It is very easy to prepare roasted nuts. You just have to put the nuts with small amount of oil into the toaster oven and arrange them well on a baking sheet. The process takes approximately 20 minutes when the nuts are seasoned.
4. They can be used to dehydrate fruits and vegetables. In order to do this, first set the temperature to the lowest point, slice the fruits and vegetables and place them on a baking sheet, then cook for a few hours until they are completely dehydrated.
5. Can be used to toast coconut. Apparently, roasting coconut using toaster oven is among the easiest ways to do it. Just spread the coconut on a baking sheet and then place it into the toaster oven and wait until it turns golden brown.
6. To prepare baked potatoes. The potatoes need to be thoroughly washed and scrubbed, then poke some holes on both sides using a fork. Once placed in the toaster, set the temperatures at 400 degrees and wait for approximately one hour for the potatoes to be ready.
7. Reheat food leftovers. Reheating leftovers using a toaster ensures that the food retains both its flavor and texture unlike when using a microwave which leaves food often soggy and inedible.
8. Can roast vegetables and meat. For a small family unit, a toaster oven can be used to prepare a delicious and healthy meal. It can be used to roast any type of meat ranging from pork, beef, chicken, turkey and much more. The meat has to be seasoned using salt, pepper or any other seasonings before placing it into the roaster. When the meat is almost done you can add vegetables.
9. Bake quick breads, cakes, muffins, and cookies. The toaster oven can be used to bake a small size of cake at ease. If the roaster is large, it can fit up to six cookies or a small loaf of a quick bread.
10. To warm plates before serving a meal. This helps to keep your food from getting cold.
Just set the roaster temperature to the low point and place the plates inside for a few minutes.